Welcome to Shaldon Parish Council
The aim is to provide information about the work of the Council and to give access to articles or items which may be of interest to the Community. The Parish Council works with individuals, local organisations and businesses to bring about improvements in the well-being of our society and environment whilst preserving our local heritage. The Council represents the best interests of the village in partnership with Teignbridge District Council, Devon County Council as well as national bodies such as the Environment Agency and the RSPB.
Shaldon Parish boundary marked in blue - various granite boundary markers can be found around the periphery.
Shaldon Parish Council was set up in 1984.
For further interesting facts and figures about Shaldon and Stokeinteignhead Ward (Dec 2011) click on the link:
HOW WE WORK
- The Parish Council is a statutory body and is subject to relevant local government legislation and its powers and functions are limited by legislation.
- The Council comprises 7 Councillors who are elected every 4 years and a part-time Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer.
- If a vacancy occurs between elections candidates can be co-opted or there can be a bye-election.
- The Parish Council raises money through the Council Precept which is collected as a part of your Council Tax, the level of Precept is set on an annual basis.
- The Council’s responsibilities include commenting on Planning Applications, local Emergency Planning including organising a volunteer team to close the 10 flood prevention gates and arranging for salt to be spread on icy side roads, administering and maintaining Parish assets such as The Green and Ferry shelter.
- We discuss local affairs from parking issues to the location of bins, we organise an annual Bonfire & Fireworks Night and are sometimes able to financially support local events and organisations.
- Working Groups are set up to make recommendations about specific issues. A great deal of work is done between meetings.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
CONTACT OUR CLERK: Tracey Sisley at 42 Dunmore Court, Shaldon TQ14 0BS or
T: 01626 873164